Mendip Studio School is all about freeing the talents within every young people – identifying your talents, nurturing them and teaching you how to apply them.
We believe in first class care, a personalised curriculum and providing opportunities for our students to design and build their own futures.
To help us to achieve these goals, you will benefit from a range of employer and Higher Education links – employers work with students every week. Our facilities are industry standard and we offer a broad experience so that you will have the edge over your peers when you take your next steps, regardless of whether you choose to enter into Higher Education, Apprenticeships or Employment.
Every student truly does matter and we will work closely with you, your parents/carers and your teachers to support and challenge you to be the best you can be.
Designing your experience, developing the skills, defining your future.
How are we different?
Mendip Studio School will help to prepare you for the next step, whether that is into University, Apprenticeships or Employment – this is at the heart of our mission.
- Unusual, but well recognised qualifications for STEM subjects e.g. Games Software Development, Creative Digital Media Production, Design Engineering etc.
- Work Experience
- Employers regularly working with students during the school day
- A vertical tutor-coach pastoral model so that students develop their social skills, resilience and role-modelling
- A small school where students benefit from a caring student-centred team focusing on each individual’s need
- Additionally you can also access more traditional subjects because we benefit from close collaboration with Dragonfly Sixth.
We expect students to choose at least two of the following Specialist Qualifications:
|Applied Route (Mendip)||Related Academic Routes (Writhlington)|
|Science||Applied Science (AQA Certificate)||Biology, Chemistry A Levels|
|Technology||Creative Digital Media Production|
Games Development (BTEC)
|Art & Design A Level
Media A Level
|Engineering||Design Engineering A Level||Physics A Level|
|Maths||Core Maths A Level||Pure and Further Maths A Level|
|Employability||Extended Project Qualification||Business Studies (BTEC)|
We passionately believe that all students must consider the following three things in order to select the right programme of study for their Sixth Form experience:
- What you enjoy and have done well in
- How you learn e.g. practical, essays, making, designing
- What you want to do when you leave Sixth Form
We very much look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in person to design your personalised Sixth Form experience.
Mr B Hain