The Mendip Studio School opened in September 2015 and is part of the Dragonfly Education Trust. Mendip Studio School and Writhlington School share a campus on the outskirts of Radstock and applications are invited from all students who have
“… a thirst for learning, a drive to succeed and a curiosity to innovate and experiment.”
The school specialises in Electronic Engineering and Biosciences and offers exciting Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Computing courses to 14 – 19 year olds.
- Providing the specialist skills and knowledge required by employers in the Engineering and Biosciences industries
- Transferable work-related skills including communication, team-working and enterprise skills
- Learning linked to future employment opportunities and Higher Education
- Partnered by The James Dyson Foundation, Sciencescope, Intel, Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, the Eden Project, Cambridge University
- Work placements and workshops provided by industry partners.
- A new 14 to 19 school with high expectations and high achievement.
- Courses at GCSE and A Level designed for intended career aims and enabling students to realise their full potential.
- Students supported by highly professional coaches and a very strong partnership with employers.
If you wish to discuss attending The Mendip Studio School please contact Mr Bruce Hain, Headteacher on 01761 438557