At Mendip we take a blended approach to teaching and learning, encouraging a high level of digital literacy alongside strong skills in traditional literacy and numeracy. We aim to nurture confidence, adaptability and resilience under pressure. Our students are fully prepared to take their place in the world.
Ethos, vision and values
In a landscape of ever-increasing economic, environmental and political change, we need to prepare young people with the necessary skills, acumen and personal ambition to seek opportunities, to thrive and to be successful in their future employment. This will need a relevant curriculum, a safe environment and consistently good, inspiring teaching. Relationships between staff, students and parents are valued above all, developing and sustaining these to support and challenge all young people to be the very best they can be. Self-awareness and self-regulation is explicitly developed, as a foundation to allow young people’s emotional intelligence and communication skills to flourish, equipping them to be personally successful and to develop future leaders of the country’s workforce. The curriculum is STEAM based - as befitting the emerging gaps in the British employment market - technical, methodical, yet creative and adaptable. Young people who are both rigorous and ground-breaking.
Please do have a look at the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website to learn more and email if you would like to meet and to find out all about The Mendip Studio School, its outstanding students, facilities and what we stand for.
The Mendip Studio School Equality Objectives
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
The Mendip Studio School is an inclusive school where we focus on the well-being and progress of every child and where all members of our community are of equal worth.
We believe that the Equality Act provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups.
Our approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
- All learners are of equal value
- We recognise and respect difference
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
- We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development.
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
- We have the highest expectations of all our children.