Mrs Woodard, our careers leader, runs a programme to make sure that we are able to give you support, advice and guidance on apprenticeships, employment, Higher Education opportunities and even Gap Years.
We offer the opportunity to take part in a Super Curricular activities* such as:
- Engineering Development Trust competition – Wessex Water
- Micro Tyco – Deloitte Entrepreneurial competition
- University of Bristol Electronics Summer Course
- University of Manchester Design Engineering Summer Course
- Get into Law day at University of Bristol
- University of Southampton, Marine Biology Summer course
- On Track to Bath – University of Bath two year programme
- Access to Bristol University programme
- Constructing Excellence South West – Adopt a School Campaign – Halsall
- Nuffield Research Placements
- Arkwright Foundation Placements
- Sutton Trust Summer Schools
- Oxbridge Application Support
- Norland College
Working alongside the Widening Participation teams at the University of Bath and Bath Spa University, as well as the National award winning Pre HE Careers Service from University of the West of England (UWE), we offer help and support in CV writing, cover letters, research into jobs/industries. We have extensive links with a number of national and international companies who support our students to reach their full potential
If you are applying to university, we offer comprehensive support and guidance throughout the UCAS process – from "how to find and to attend open days", making choices, writing personal statements and completing the UCAS application.
A personal log-in to the award-winning "Unifrog" software will help you to choose the best apprenticeships and/or five university courses.
As a Year 12 student, you will be able to attend the Higher Education fair at The University of the West of England*, where you can speak to representatives from all over the country.
In June, we run a Higher Education evening for year 12 students, which is held in conjunction with Bath Spa University. This exciting evening coincides with UCAS annual launch for applications. You will be invited to attend a UCAS log on day where University ambassadors are available to support you completing your UCAS application.
Each year over 25 employers and training providers showcase the Apprenticeships that are on offer at our Apprenticeship Fayre*. Organisations such as Rolls Royce, Airbus, the MOD, Mulberry, Curo, Longleat – to name a few – attend the event.
*Due to Covid-19, some previously planned activities will be reviewed in line with Government Guidelines and may or may not be substituted for other supportive and advising events.