What is Mendip Sixth?
Mendip Studio School is all about freeing the talents within every young person – identifying your talents, nurturing them and teaching you how to apply them.
We believe in first class care, a personalised curriculum and providing opportunities for our students to design and to build their own futures.
To help us to achieve these goals, you will benefit from a range of employer and Higher Education links. Our ethos is that every student is important and each is a valued individual - all students will be nurtured to achieve their personal best and chosen future paths. We offer a warm, caring and respectful environment.
Our facilities are industry standard and this will help you to have the edge over your peers when you take your next steps, regardless of whether you choose to enter into Higher Education, Apprenticeships or Employment.
Every student truly does matter and we will work closely with you, your parents/carers and your teachers to support and challenge you to be the best you can be.
Designing your experience, developing the skills, defining your future.
Mendip Studio Sixth is part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership Sixth form with three sixth forms at Mendip Studio School, Writhlington and Midsomer Norton.
How are we different?
Mendip Studio School will help to prepare you for the next step, whether that is into University, Apprenticeships or Employment – this is at the heart of our mission.
- Unusual, but well recognised qualifications for STEM subjects e.g. Forensics & Criminal Investigation; Childcare, Engineering
- Work Experience*
- Employers regularly working with students during the school day*
- A vertical tutor-coach pastoral model so that students develop their social skills, resilience and role-modelling
- A small school where students benefit from a caring student-centred team focusing on each individual’s need
- Additionally, we offer a comprehensive programme for students in the Sixth Form who need to continue to study for English and/or maths at GCSE, alongside their level 3 subjects
We passionately believe that all students must consider the following four things in order to select the right programme of study for their Sixth Form experience:
- What you enjoy and have done well in
- How you learn e.g. practical, essays, making, designing
- What you want to do when you leave Sixth Form
- Your readiness to take more responsibility for your learning and ambitions
We very much look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in person to design your personalised Sixth Form experience.
Mr B Hain, Headteacher.
*Guidelines pertaining to Covid-19 permitting