Students from the Orchid Project continued to build on their recent successes when they showcased a diverse range of their orchids at the Devon Orchid Show.
The students took home an impressive 11 awards at the show, where they presented a selection of their big and miniature orchid species
The awards were:
- Odontoglossum cristatum – Best Oncininae species
- Oncidinae trophy – Best Species and Best in Show.
- Vanda ampulaces –Best Vandae species and the Vandae trophy
- Cymbidium devonianum – Best Cymbidium species and the Cymbidium trophy
- Bulbophyllum phalaenopsis – Best any other species and the Any Other trophy
- Epidendrum parkinsonianum – Best Laeliniae species and the Laeliniae trophy
There were also awards of merit for Prostheche cochleata and Lycaste aromatic.
Mr Pugh-Jones said:
We are absolutely delighted with the results, it was a very successful day. Eleanor and Amalia left school at 5.30am on the day to be there in time to put together a lovely display which clearly helped with our success.
A massive well done to the Orchid Project team at school for growing such wonderful plants. We are all very proud!